Volunteer in Brandon
By mobilizing volunteers and community partners, Habitat for Humanity Brandon Chapter works with both individuals and with groups to build safe, decent, affordable housing for purchase by low-income working families.
In order to register as a construction volunteer, you will need to:
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Sign up to build (below)
- Commit to a minimum one full day of building
- Complete the online safety training and review the Volunteer Manual
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently
- Be able to climb stairs and have good mobility
- Be able to use and understand conversational English
How to sign up as Construction Volunteer:
Registering online is the first step to becoming a volunteer. Once registered, you will complete our online safety training.
* New volunteers will need to click on “Create Account” then follow the prompts to register.
* Returning volunteers will be required to “Log in” with their existing used name and password, and then sign in to the build day of their choice on the calendar.
- Begin the registration process by clicking on the button below. Please remember your User Name and Password to log back in.
Throughout the year, we offer a variety of volunteer opportunities to individuals and groups:
- Constructions Volunteers: Typical onsite construction may consist of framing, sheathing, insulating and other tasks depending on the homes stage of completion.
- Group Volunteers and Team Builds: Your group can partner with Habitat to help build a safe place for our families to live. For details on our group volunteer opportunitites please contact our Community Engagement Manager, Bonnie Mills at 204-717-0602 or email [email protected]
- Event Volunteers: Brandon Chapter holds various events throughout the year to raise awareness and fundraise towards our goals, to help out or enquire please contact our Community Engagement Manager, Bonnie Mills at 204-717-0602 or email [email protected]
- Committee Volunteers: Through a variety of committees, volunteers help to carry out Habitat’s mission and business planÂ
- Chapter Volunteers: Access the Chapter dropdown on the left side of our Home page to connect with the regional Chapter in your area.
- ReStore Volunteers: Volunteer positions are often limited at the stores but when available they include a variety of roles. Contact the ReStores directly to inquire.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Have questions about volunteering with Habitat for Humanity? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions or please contact Brandon Chapters’s Community Engagement Manager, Bonnie Mills at 204-717-0602 or email [email protected] for more information!