donate stuff to ReStore
There are two easy ways to donate your great stuff to ReStore!
Your donation makes a difference
Residential & Business Donation Pick-up is Available During Covid-19
Moving or downsizing and have items you no longer need? Planning a home renovation or is it just time to de-clutter and renew your space? Instead of tossing your unwanted household items, donate them to Habitat ReStore and do something good for your community and the environment!
When you donate items to ReStore, you’re helping Habitat for Humanity Manitoba achieve its mission to build safe, decent homes for working, low-income families, through our unique affordable home ownership program. You’re also helping the environment by enabling ReStore to recycle perfectly re-usable household items and provide them with a second home, reducing your environmental footprint!
The ReStore accepts home decor and home building products from individuals and local businesses. Habitat for Humanity Manitoba is a registered charity (11930 1034 RR0001) and a tax receipt will be issued for most ReStore donations.
Find out what items we accept at ReStore
Choose one of two ways to donate:
1. Drop off your donation at any ReStore location
- Donations can be dropped off at the receiving dock of the ReStore, Monday through Saturday 9 a.m-3 p.m. Please be aware that all donations need to be inspected before being dropped off. All donations must be clean and in good working order.
- We accept a range of new and gently-used household items. Check our list of acceptable items for details.
- Please don’t leave items outside our stores after hours!
2. Schedule a FREE pick-up
- The ReStore can pick up donations and large items within city limits. Please contact Sheila at (204) 233-5160 , Ext.220 to discuss your donation and arrange for a pick up time convenient for both you and the ReStore driver.
- Please be aware that the ReStore cannot accept all donations and they reserve the right to refuse items upon inspection. In such cases the ReStore associates may be able to direct you to an appropriate recycling facility. We offer curb side pickup. We do not move items from basements or upper storey. All items must be readily accessible (outside or in a garage) for the drivers. Each item will be inspected by a ReStore driver, who will make the final decision about whether the donation is acceptable.
- For donations over $20, you will receive a charitable tax receipt for the assessed value of your item(s).
- Your donations help Habitat for Humanity Manitoba build homes in partnership with communities and families in need of affordable housing.
Please contact Sheila at (204) 233-5160 , Ext.220 to discuss your donation and arrange for a pick up time convenient for both you and the ReStore driver.
Retailers and manufacturers can donate discontinued, end of the line, overstock, or scratched products, thereby eliminating the cost to return materials and reducing the amount of materials sent to the landfill. To discuss your business donations, contact Gareth Mills at (204) 235-2189.